Disclaimer

All of the topics discussed here in this blog comes from my real life encounters. They serve as references for future research. All of the data, contents and information presented in my entries have been altered and edited to protect the confidentiality and privacy of the clients.

Saturday, April 28, 2012

how to reset dashboard prompt value back to default with a click

Hello again

Today, I just want to talk about a little trick that many projects have used to make their dashboard more dynamic.

This one little trick is to re-set the dashboard prompt values back to the default from the dashboard. It is pretty cool that no many what values we have been playing around with, if I want the dashboard prompt to go back to the default value, I can just make one click and it will automatically refreshed..

Let me show you what I mean:

Some by clicking on the "clear" bottom that you see on the dashboard, whatever value that's currently displayed in the 2 dashboard prompts will be reset back to default.

Given the idea, let's see how this can be done.

1. Go to the dashboard edit page and create an text section:

2. In the text 'property', enter the following XML code:


3. Now create a dashboard prompt along with this section, put add on the dashboard and test the feature..


Until next time

0 comments:

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...